When I tell you 2016 almost took me out! Good lawd-a-mercy (In my southern belle voice). I was one of those people shouting deuces to 2016 and looking forward to what 2017 had to offer. Reflecting on all the happened last year, I realized that it didn’t break me, but temporarily put this mind, body, and soul under some much needed construction. I felt that I had failed at everything. From business to personal life. I just wanted to throw in the towel. Yep, this visionary wanted to give up.
I am grateful for the friends and family who provided words of encouragement and pulled me out of the pit of failure! I am great at motivating others, but when it comes to myself, I’m my own worst critic. A truth I stand in and I am working on. So, instead of focusing on everything that didn’t happen in 2016, I reflect the following lessons:
- Success is the formal attire of failure, in due time it will come
- Opinions are only valid if you allow them to be
- Change does not occur overnight, trust the process
- People come into your life for a reason, discern if they are seasonal or lifetime
- Learn to love myself
- I am a limited edition designed for a specific purpose
- Forgiving and forgetting
- Keep GOD first, and everything else will fall into place
24 days into the new year and I am sure I have more lessons to learn! Guess I will buckle up and enjoy the ride of lifetime!